Please enter your username or email address. You will receive a link to create a new password via email.
Maintenance Worker Job Responsibilities:
We are looking for a skilled Maintenance Worker to perform upkeep tasks such as repairs and cleaning. You will be responsible for applying basic fixes to equipment and building systems and ensure facilities are tidy and functional. Being reliable with a keen eye for detail is the first step to getting this job. The ideal candidate will have experience and solid technical knowledge. You must also possess manual dexterity and physical stamina.
- Perform cleaning activities such as dusting, mopping etc.
- Perform minor fixes such as repairing broken locks, filling gaps on walls etc.
- Check control panels and electrical wiring to identify issues
- Install appliances and equipment
- Do garden/yard upkeep by mowing lawn, collecting trash etc.
- Conduct maintenance tasks such as replacing light bulbs
- Inspect and troubleshoot equipment and systems (e.g. ventilation)
- Check functionality of safety systems (e.g. fire alarm)
- Collaborate with workers and other professionals during renovations
- Report to facilities or maintenance manager for issues
- Proven experience as assistant director or other similar position
- Basic knowledge of HVAC, plumbing and electrical systems
- Experience using hand and electrical tools
- Ability to read technical manuals and drawings
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills
- Physical stamina and dexterity
- High school diploma or equivalent
Your Name (required)
Your Email (required)
Your Phone Number (required)
Q1: What experience do you have with doing general maintenance for houses? Include any experiences in Property Management related work i.e. Yard care, plumbing assistant, etc.
Q2: What is your availability on a daily basis during the week? What is your availability during the weekend?
Q3: What do you do as your primary job? Is there anything that would interfere with you from working Mon - Sun 9am to 5pm?
Q4: If something were to come up and you would not be available to provide maintenance to the properties, would you have any way of getting a replacement?
Q5: Do you have access to reliable transportation to the Columbus area such as Short North, German Village, Ohio State Campus area?
Q6: Do you provide your own tools for general maintenance?
Q7: In terms of general maintenance skills, are there any repairs you are UNABLE to do? A basic understanding of plumbing, electrical, and maintenance is preferred. Any technical electrical or plumbing work will be outsourced to a certified contractor.
Q8: Do you have any references we can contact to verify your work ability, reliability, and quality of work?